SaRi is the first person ever to tag me to do a meme. This achievement has to be rewarded by dutifully following the rules and participating.
Here are the rules, so easy:
So here we go!
1. What’s the last book you read that you thought was really super, inspiring, you’d recommend it to most anyone?
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve read one of those. I’m into fantasy and sci-fi and neither does lend itself very much to recommendation to the world at large. I would not want people to at me any stranger than they usually do ;o) But I seem to remember that I recommended Neil Gaiman’s „Neverwhere“ (German title: „Niemalsland“) to quite a few people since it is relatively short (no sequels pending), features a more innovative setting than your run of the mill fantasy and it is superbly written. I would go as far and say even people who usually avoid fantasy are probably going to enjoy this book. And for anyone who has not yet discovered the fabulous Neil Gaiman it is an excellent starting point.
2. What food totally grosses you out, you’d never be able to touch it? Ew. Gag. *hurl*
Dearest husband would probably say I’m generally picky when it comes to food. Me, I don’t really think so but two things in particular make me shudder – raw ground meat and seafood. I’ve got no problem with fish but all the other stuff – calamari, shrimps and whatnot – seriously grosses me out.
3. Did you ever watch a scary movie that frightened you so much you were afraid of the dark afterward? I mean like you’re lying in bed trying to sleep, but you have to pee, but you’re scared to get up. It doesn’t have to be recently; could be when you were a kid. So what movie was it?
Cut to summer camp. A dozen pre-teens huddled together in the dark watching and old horrer flick from the 60s on the flickering b/w tv set. Next door the church bells are ringing midnight. And of course there is a cemetry right next to the church. Now what movie did we crazy kids pick to watch, I ask you?! „Operazione paura“ (German title: „Die toten Augen des Dr. Dracula“, US title: „Kill, baby, kill!“ or „Curse of the Living Dead“) by Mario Bava and old Italian master of gothic horror. I couldn’t sleep for days and even the boys went to the loo in groups this same night. Still don’t know what our teacher thought when she let us watch this creepy shit. It would probably still give me the creeps.
4. Is there a song that makes you dance every time you hear it? Would you tap you feet and sing along to it in public?
5. Tattoos: yes or no? Do you have any? Tell us! Do you think they’re gross? TELL US!
Oh, I like them. I find them totally interesting and always wanted to have one myself. But I didn’t like the small a dime a dozen flash tattoos I’ve seen friends get when they turned eighteen. They were just crappy. All this tatoo shows on tv made me realize that the quality in tattoos has gone up quite considerably and I’m concinved I’ll get a tatoo one of these days – once I’ve made up my mind about a motive. How does foot sound for a place?!
6. When’s the last time you laughed so hard your ribs ached and/or you nearly peed yourself? What made you do it?
7. Draw or doodle a picture of your pet(s) and post it if possible. Nothing fancy, don’t be shy!
No pets, sorry.
8. Go through a stack or box of your old music. Stuff that you may not have heard in years. Pick one and tell us about it. Is it as good (or as bad) as you remember?
It’s the CD „Nachtvorstellung live“ by an East German band called „Keimzeit“. Oh man, we loved these guys. I seem to remember that a friend of mine made a tape copy of two of their other albums for me and we were listening to them day in day out. We must have been about eighteen because I recall listening to the tapes in the car while driving to school. Ususally I’m not much of a concert person – much too crowded and way too loud – but Keimzeit I’ve seen twice live on stage. They were even better than on tape because they were so great at improvising stuff. And even after listening to them again after quite some time I still like their music.
8. Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal? We won’t laugh!