Slow Fashion October :: LONG-WORN ::
In the past I have not been very conscious about mending, changing or up cycling clothes. But this year I’ve been really making an effort. Back in February I have mended a hand-knit cardigan made from precious Wollmeise Lace yarn.
And I’ve added a few inches to a sweater that had turned out a tad too short from the start. The sweater is made from lovely Rowan Felted Tweed yarn and while the repair was scary it turned out just fine and barely visible.
This October I finally tackled an idea that had been rolling through my mind for a while now. I had this old, striped, cozy scarf lying around that I hadn’t worn in ages. Initially I wanted to make a pair or arm or leg warmers out of it but then i thought it would be fun to try turning into a pair of pants for the little mister.
An old H&M wool scarf turned into a pair of funky striped pants for Mr. T
- Folded scarf in half and cut off the required length taking measure with a fitting pair of pants
- Knitted a diamond shaped gusset out of sock yarn
- I mattress stitched together the sides of the scarf, incorporating the gusset
- Turned the hem of the scarf at the waist to make a tunnel for an elastic band
- picked up stitches on the bottom the pants and knitted a few rows of ribbing
- Taddddaaaaaah! 🙂
Another plan for my Slow Fashion October has been successfully completed. I am sitting here wearing my new, pretty, hand-knit Dexter cardigan.
Dexter cardigan yoke detail and pretty buttons
Dexter cardigan pocket with stranded knitting
Related Posts // Ähnliche Artikel
- FO :: Sammal Cardigan ::
Nach nur 8 Wochen Strickzeit ist er fertig geworden, mein Sammal Cardigan und tut an den ersten kühlen Herbsttagen ganz vortrefflich seinen Dienst. Das schöne naturbelassene Garn hat beim […]
- Slow Fashion October :: Introduction :: Over the course of the last week one hashtag in particular has caught my eye on Instagram :: #slowfashionoctober :: It instantly caught my eye because avoiding 'fast fashion', repurposing, […]
- The merit of keeping swatches
While washing some of my woolen garments for winter I was shocked to find my beloved Wollmeise cardigan with two holes and a thin spot on the collar. How can this be? I […]
- Holy Moly!
Letzte Woche musste ich mit Entsetzen feststellen, dass in meinem schönen Icarus-Shawl mehrere Löcher waren. Mein erster Gedanke war: MOTTEN!!!!! Aber eine genauere Untersuchung […]